I think we have kind of decided to bake new things on Mondays and Fridays (except this Friday because we are going on a Road Trip!). And this Monday we made…
S’mores Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies! Based on this recipe with slight variations and modifications.
* * *
2 sticks softened butter
1 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 Tbsp vanilla
3 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
4 full sheets separated at all perforations into quarters
3 Hershey Bars, broken into rows of 1 wide X 2 tall
8 large marshmallows cut in half height-wise
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment.
2. With a mixer, beat the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla, continue to beat until well combined.
3. Place flour, salt and baking soda into a bowl; mix to combine then add slowly to wet ingredients along with the chocolate chips. Dough may seem dry, don’t worry! It will work out perfectly.
4. Layer a graham cracker quarter with 2 Hershey chocolate squares and 2 marshmallow halves. Close with another graham cracker.
5. Top s’more with a large scoop of cookie dough. Place in hands and place another large scoop on bottom then front and back sides as needed. Form dough around s’mores. Place large cookies onto prepared baking sheet (optional: we popped ours into the freezer here for about 10 minutes so they wouldn’t spread) and bake for 15-17 minutes or until edges are golden and centers are cooked through. Let cool for 5minutes before transferring the cookies on parchment to cooling rack.
Makes 8 large stuffed cookies.
(We had a bit of dough left over so we made even smaller s’more cookies by cutting the Graham Cracker quarters in half.)
Hopefully we have lots of time to make festive goodies before camping… : )