2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and cooled until warm
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 – 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
* * *
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Whisk flour, baking soda, and salt together in a medium bowl; set aside.
3. Either by hand or with an electric mixer, mix butter and sugars until thoroughly blended. Beat in egg, yolk, and vanilla until combined. Add dry ingredients and beat at low speed until just combined. Stir in chips to taste.
4. Drop scant 1/4 cups for large cookies and tablespoons for small cookies of dough onto prepared baking sheet. Place them 2 inches apart.
5. Bake until cookies are light golden brown and the outer edges start to harden and the centers are still soft and puffy, 15 to 18 minutes. Cool the cookies on the sheets. Enjoy :)
Adapted from Cooks Illusrated